Halloween junkies it’s time to break out the costumes, create your jack-o-lanterns and buy up candy that may or may not make it to October 31. It’s also time to brush up on some safety tips to make sure it’s a fun, exciting time for kids of all ages.
- Create costumes from bright colors and mark trick-or-treat bags with reflective tape.
- Accompany kids younger than 12 and remind older children who may go out with their friends to stay on the sidewalks, cross streets at intersections and pay attention to vehicle traffic. Give them a time to be home as well.
- Remind kids to never enter someone’s home or vehicle.
- Hand them a flashlight for their adventure.
- Slow down, be especially alert in residential neighborhoods and anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic. Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians and on curbs. Children are excited about Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
- Eliminate any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
- Turn your headlights on earlier in the day so children can see you better and you’re better able to spot children from greater distances.
While the city has no official Trick-or-Treat hours for Oct. 31, it is planning a Halloween Extravaganza from 5-8pm Saturday, Oct. 27. This spook-ta-cular night will have you “Facing Your Fears” at the Municipal Services Building, 33 Arroyo Drive, in South San Francisco. There will be a haunted house, Halloween game room, face painting, crafts and children’s entertainment. The cost is $5. Get your tickets at the Recreation Department through October 13 or online at www.ssf.net/rec beginning Oct. 1. For more information, call 650.829.3800.
Our Peninsula Auto Body family wishes you and your family a safe Halloween!
Peninsula Auto Body is dedicated to you and focuses on providing the best customer service regarding your auto body needs during what can be a stressful time. Our team strives to make your visit as seamless and hassle free as possible. Should you find yourself in need of collision repair services, stop by for a free estimate at 1430 San Mateo Ave., S. San Francisco, CA or call us at 650.588.0999 Monday through Friday from 7:30am-5:30pm, Saturday by appointment to speak to our expertly trained staff.